Monday, April 23, 2012

Video is a great learning tool

Youtube.com/KINGlober Since I worked at a Laser Research Company in Fountain Valley nearly 30 years ago, I have been intensely interested in all types of media editing. My boss the Marketing director sent me to seminars and classes to learn this art. Then we were using 3/4 inch commercial tape and over sized cameras and decks. Since then, i have amassed a collection and Home video and production video of Action, Fighting shows and just interesting things that people do. With the advent of digital capabilities, i purchased my first Macintosh Laptop and began downloading and editing in this digital age. What was really a "hobby" turned into a profitable venture. I began posting my self produced videos to YOUTUBE in 2006 and have collected well over 6 million views and receive a check from Google ADsense every month. Also, recently my entire vintage NHB library was purchased by TapouT for the new movie The History of MMA. When I first decided to become a competitor in MMA I began carrying my 8mm video camera with me in my backpack. I jumped at every chance to video. When I got home I would watch the footage like a mental patient. I critiqued the footage and the style in which it was recorded. Watching myself on video helped so much to correct my style. I use video for all of my students today. If its not on video, it didn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment